LoL: Wild Rift Open Beta Is Almost Here!
If you've been waiting for news of League of Legends: Wild Rift, the Riot Games MOBA for mobile devices, the wait is almost over. Riot Games announced today that everybody will be able to join in the fun very very soon. How soon, you ask?
According to Riot, Regional Open Beta (for both Android and iOS devices) will be starting 27 October in Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand, with many more regions to follow in 2020 and early 2021. The launch will also be a week before K/DA drops their upcoming EP, ALL OUT.
The highly-anticipated mobile version of one of the most popular games in the world, will bring all the action of the 5v5 MOBA to your handheld devices in an optimized and sped up format. Games are expected to last much shorter than the PC version, and your champions will work nicely with touchscreen controls.
In addition to the launch of the open beta, here's what we can expect:
- NEW LOCATIONS: Wild Rift will be expanding to new markets over the next few months. In December: Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Oceania, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey, and Vietnam—and Riot is aiming to expand to the Americas in Spring 2021.
- NEW CHAMP: In a new patch, hitting later this month, Wild Rift will release one of the most popular junglers from League PC: Lee Sin, the Blind Monk. He still has all the high-skill outplay potential from the PC version, now adapted with seamless, mobile-friendly controls.
- CHAMP PREVIEWS: In that same patch, Riot is testing six future champions who will be totally free to play for a few days in October: Kai’sa, Evelynn, Akali, Darius, Draven, and League’s newest popstar, Seraphine.
- INGAME REWARDS: In South Korea and Japan, players can log in using their existing Riot Games accounts and earn rewards based on their time and monetary investment in League of Legends on PC. For the Southeast Asian regions in the Closed Beta, players can create and link a Riot Account and earn rewards like champs and skins later in the year.
- ROAD TO WILD RIFT: To honour the legacy and history of gaming in each Open Beta locale, Riot will release locally tailored content every day on the road to Open Beta. Influencer spotlights, guides, and community highlights will equip players with all they need to prepare for Wild Rift.
With all the hype around mobile games in our current times (especially with the pandemic going on), we can't wait to see how the release of this game changes the gaming landscape - it's been a long time since we've had another worthy title to stand up the current juggernauts of the mobile gaming world.
Check out the latest episode of the Wild Rift dev diary:
Stay tuned to eGG Network for all the latest news and updates on LoL: Wild Rift!