Pokémon Asia Players Cup 2021 Announced - Registration Open
Hardcore Pokémon players in the region, rejoice! All those years spent training your Pokémon can finally be put to good use. If you fancy a ticket to the Pokémon Global Exhibition to play against the best Pokémon Sword/Shield players in the world, you're in luck. ESL and The Pokémon Company announced the launch of the Pokémon Asia Players Cup 2021.
As the very first multi-regional online tournament for Pokémon Sword/Shield in Asia, we'll get to see trainers from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand show off their Pokémon skills to win the title of best in the region. The winner will secure a slot to the Pokémon Global Exhibition in October and the Travel award to the 2022 Pokémon World Championships.
- Qualifiers Weekend 1: 28-29 August
- Qualifiers Weekend 2: 4-5 September
- Grand Finale: 11 September
- Champion: Invitation to Pokémon Global Exhibition, Invitation to Day 2 of 2022 Pokémon World Championships with flights and accomodation fees.
- 8 Grand Finale participants: Invitation to Day 1 of the 2022 Pokémon World Championships, physical copy of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl Double Pack, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus (after the games are released)
This tournament sounds like something a younger me would have jumped at the chance to compete in (twenty years ago). But for those of you who are interested now, registration for the tournament is open and qualifiers will kick off on 28 August. Head over to the official ESL website to sign up. No mention of any broadcasts at the moment, but we would be surprised if it wasn't televised. Stay tuned to eGG Network for more news and updates!