Valorant 1.04: Viper gets buffed, plus other agents and Classic tweaks
Viper mains can rejoice as their favourite Valorant agent gets the power up she rightly deserves. Much of her upgrade is dedicated to her Viper's Pit ultimate and her fuel consumption:
- Max time outside of her ult before it collapses changed from 5 to 12 seconds
- Viper can hold the ability key to drop her ult early
- Enemies in Viper’s Pit have their minimap obscured with no minimap detection to their allies
- Increased the brightness of red enemy glow at the edge of Viper's near-sight
After activating her ultimate, Viper players can now move around more freely without wasting her Pit, as well as confusing her enemies even more when their minimap gets disabled by her gas. Plus, instead of solely disorienting enemies, her smoke deals more damage too:
- Enemy decay per second increased from 10 to 15 from all sources.
- After exiting Viper's smoke, enemy decay sustains for 2.5 seconds before starting to fade.
- Having both Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen active does not consume additional fuel beyond the cost of having one active.
As the only agent who has limited fuel for her abilities, this little adjustment gives Viper more leeway to mix up her Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen skills to execute more deadly strategies.
Three other agents who received some tweaks to balance out their gameplay include:
- Showstopper ultimate Cost: 6 to 7 Ult points
- Orbital Strike ultimate Cost: 6 to 7 Ult points
- Stim Beacon no longer Buffs enemies, removed visibility of effect radius to enemies.
- Cyber Cage can now be picked up during the buy phase
On the weapons side, Riot Games adjusted the right-click alternative fire of Classic to "make the weapon behave a bit more consistently."
- Fixed bug where running inaccuracy on the right-click was much higher than intended
- running was adding a 1.5 penalty because it was referencing our generalized running error curves for pistols
- Fixed bug where jumping had no inaccuracy penalty
- Running spread is changed from 3.4 to 2.1
- primarily a bug fix
- Jumping spread changed from 1.9 to 2.3
- Walking spread changed from 1.9 to 1.95
- Added a 10% bonus to accuracy when crouching and stationary
- Intent is to feel consistent with crouch providing an accuracy benefit
And finally, don't forget to check out the pre-round buy menu, now with easy-to-compare stats to ease your shopping equipment.