Two Malaysian teams join the directly invited teams for the upcoming Regular Season.
Two teams stood victorious amongst 600 registered teams over the recently held Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Professional League Season 5 (MPL-MY/SG S5) Malaysian qualifiers. Teams Orange Esports and Makan Cendol managed to qualify for the upcoming Regular Season, earning their stripes to compete for a prize pool of US$100,000 (RM415,000).
Orange Esports’ roster includes Silo (MPL-MY/SG Season 2 Champion under Saiyan Reborn), Eren, Mom, Cakbu, Mal and Grengo. They are coached by HawkEye (formerly the manager of Saiyan Reborn during Season 2).
Makan Cendol’s roster includes Artha, Raisyaa, Ax (MPL-MY/SG Season 2 Champion under Saiyan Reborn), SmoothJago and Cuckoo, all of whom were formerly of XPAX X-Assins in Seasons 3 and 4. Their squad welcomes MPL debutant Tacus.
More to come
The upcoming Regular Season will be graced by the following seven teams so far:
- EVOS SG (Season 4’s Champion)
- Todak (Season 4’s first runner-up)
- Axis Esports (Season 4’s fourth place)
- Geek Fam (Season 3’s Champion, Season 4’s fifth/sixth place)
- Team Bosskurr (Season 4’s seventh/eighth place)
- Orange Esports (MPL-MY/SG S5 Malaysia qualifier)
- Makan Cendol (MPL-MY/SG S5 Malaysia qualifier)
Do tune in to the Singapore qualifiers this 15 and 16 Feb, where three more teams will secure their spots in the upcoming Regular Season. The semi-finals and bronze match will be streamed live on Mobile Legends’ Facebook page.
MPL-MY/SG Season 5 is organised by eGG Network.