PMWL 2020 Season Zero Finals breaks viewership record for PUBG Mobile esports, Fan Favourite Players revealed
The PUBG Mobile World League (PMWL) 2020 Spring Split Season Zero is undoubtedly the biggest PUBG Mobile esports event of the year so far, and now we have proof that that's the case.
The PMWL 2020 Finals had over 1.1 million concurrent viewers watching the epic finale, which is now the highest viewership for any PUBG Mobile esports event to receive. The entirety of the PMWL 2020 also saw over a whopping 40 million hours watched since the tournament started on 11 July.
The League Finals saw Indonesia's Bigetron RA and Turkey's Futbolist taking home the crown for their respective divisions, scoring 287 and 298 points, respectively. On the side, BOX Gaming's Break and Futbolist's Solkay were awarded the title of MVP in the League Finals, each rewarded with a US$3,000 cash prize for their exception skills during the final leg of PMWL 2020.
In other related news, the PUBG Mobile community has spoken via in-game votes - these are the Fan Favourite Players of their region, who won US$2,000 for their selection:
- Tengis "ChocoNutX" Batnasan - NoChanceTeam (WildCard)
- Jeon "Sayden" Min Jae - T1 (Korea)
- Suzuki "SaRa" Kento - Reject.Scarlet (Japan)
- Kozhir Akram “BAYe” Karim - Frag Machines (Middle East/Africa)
- Ahmad "Fredo" Fuad - Yoodo Gank (SEA)
- Tanmay "Sc0utOP" Singh - Orange Rock (South Asia)
- Gonzalo "Ayala" Ayala - Team Quesco (Americas)
- Alper Umut "Solkay" Can Ayyildiz - Futbolist (EU)
The PUBG Mobile Esports Awards have also handpicked the MVPs of this season's PUBG Mobile Professional League (PMPL):
- Azim “Draxx” Ikromi - Yoodo Gank) (SEA)
- Lucas '"Carrilho" Miguel - Loops Esports (Americas)
- Vivek Aabhas "ClutchGod" Horo - TSM (South Asia)