Valorant Patch 1.05 Brings Long-Awaited Deathmatch Mode and More
For those of you who have enjoyed the gunplay in Valorant but wished it was a free-for-all instead of a team-based shooter, your wish has been granted! Riot has announced that Deathmatch Free For All mode will be included in the latest Valorant patch, 1.05, along with numerous other updates.
Firstly, patch 1.05 marks the end of Act I and the beginning of Act II. As mentioned previously, this means more lore, new agents, skins, and game modes in addition to balance updates.
Here's a summary of what to expect:
New agent: Killjoy
Nerfs: Raze's Showstopper (longer to equip reduced VFX) and Blastpack (reduced damage)
New game mode: Deathmatch Free For All
- Deathmatch drops! Hop in to hone your gunplay mechanics or warm up before you hit ranked
- 10-player free-for-all
- First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- No abilities
- You’ll load in as a random Agent that you own
- Buy whatever weapons you want; heavy armor is given to you automatically
- Killing enemies drops health kits: picking one up fully restores your health/armor AND automatically reloads your weapon.
- All enemies are periodically revealed on the minimap
- Deathmatch is in beta as we continue to evaluate game performance and stability. Availability will be limited to specific windows upon deployment of 1.05, with the first window starting Wednesday, August 5.
Quality of life improvements: notifications if your reports are successful, rotating store to stop including things you already own, and miscellaneous bug fixes.
Competitive: the revealed update to the rank system.
And of course, a new Battlepass full of goodies for you to unlock and earn.
Things are shaping up to be very exciting in the world of Valorant, be sure to stay tuned to eGG Network for more news and updates on the game!